Don't know how to shut off your utilities right before a disaster strikes? Here's what you need to know:
During cases of emergency, power surges after the storm can damage electronics, and flooded appliances can also create safety hazards.
- Shut off all the individual circuits, then turn off your main circuit. It is also useful to label the individual circuits.
- Shut off your water.
- Cracked lines can also pollute your water supply to your home, so check in with local authorities before restoring your water.
- Shut off your natural gas.
- Locate the shutoff valve connected to the gas line, and turn the switch perpendicular to stop the gas flow.
- If you expect a gas leak, immediately evacuate the house and DO NOT turn off your gas. Contact your local natural gas provider, and have a professional assess the situation. Natural gas leaks are attributed to numerous home fires.
How will YOU prepare?
Emergency Ready Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
- This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
Senior Communities & Assisted Living Services
You may have concerns about health and safety during emergency and non-emergency events and how it could effect the well being of your communities. You can depend on: SERVPRO to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents; always following the restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants. We are also trained and equipped to clean your HVAC and duct systems to provide better air quality and reduce the risk of circulating harmful contaminates. If you have any concerns about the cleanliness and sanitation of your communities, please contact us today! 215-245-4855
WE ARE YOUR FULL SERVICE SOLUTION
- Water Removal
- Structural Dehumidification
- Fire, Smoke & Soot Cleaning
- Sewage Cleaning & Sanitation
- Odor Elimination & Deodorization
- Pandemic Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Content Cleaning & Restoration
- Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning
- Surface Steam Blasting
- Electronic Equipment Drying
- HVAC/Air System Duct Cleaning
- Emergency Building Control
- Claim Oversight & Management
SERVPRO is a Puffback Expert
The term puffback refers to the sudden expulsion of sootinto a dwelling area caused by malfunction in the heating system. The soot consists of petroleum based particles formed by incomplete combustion in the furnace. Permanent damage can occur unless the soot is removed quickly utilizing professional cleaning agents and methods.
What to do when you have a Puffback...
- Shut down heating systems immediately
- Contact the oil company that services the furnace
- Avoid contact with contaminated surfaces
- Contact remediation specialists to restore the home or office to its preloss condition
Why use SERVPRO?
- We are experienced in all areas of puffback restoration
- Immediate response to the problem
- We work with all Insurance Companies
- Proper inspection and testing procedures
- Air duct cleaning and soot sealing
- Complete structure and content cleaning
- We take care of clothing, carpet, upholstery, and drapery cleaning.
What not to do when a Puffback happens...
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces. This will make the damage worse.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans
- Do not send soft goods to an ordinary dry cleaner
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical components
Customer Service Focus Helps SERVPRO Drive Sales
Customer service isn’t just about being courteous to your customers–it’s a vital element of business operations that can impact your bottom line. The good news is, it’s relatively simple to implement a customer service improvement plan that keeps your business on top.
SERVPRO Customer service is like no longer. We are there as soon as you need us! While SERVPRO made some training adjustments to help foster a strong customer service attitude, the active storm season was also a key factor in boosting sales for the year.
The brand is also experiencing the benefits of expanded service offerings as SERVPRO adjusted its operating model about five years ago to add commercial cleaning to what had primarily been water restoration and residential disaster cleanup.
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Christine's Restaurant (Yardley, PA)
Every business eventually gets dirty floors and needs them to be cleaned, especially in a commercial setting happening more frequently. Are you a very busy business owner who notices the build up and gets aggravated when it's time to clean up? Are you tired with how many times this issue arises month, or maybe even in a week? Say no more, that is what SERVPRO is here for! As a business owner, there are so many other topics you need to worry about. Let us take the load and stress off of your back, so you can focus on the essentials and core part of your business. Please do not hesitate to call us at 215-245-4855, we are only a phone call away.
When an incident occurs, more of the time than not the damage can feel extremely overwhelming. Nobody wants or needs that extra stress or burden piled into their lives.
Some of the basic inventory services SERVPRO provides are as follows:
- Room-by-Room Detailed Contents Listing
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Format for Ease of Use
- Emergency Inventory
- Pre-loss Inventory
- Restoration and Replacement Cost Data Provided to Aid in Cost Analysis
- Schedule of Loss-Adjusting Software
- Access to One of the Most Powerful Products Available
- Complete Inventory
- Total Loss Items
- Questionable Items
- Restorable Items
- Electronic Reporting
- Customizable Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Reports Increase Flexibility
Please don't hesitate to call so we can take the load of of your back, we are here to HELP, 215-800-4232!
Fire, Smoke, and Soot Damage
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Photo of Corporate headquarters
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO Industries,Inc. Franchise System is a national leader of fire, water, and other specialty cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO's professional network of more than 1,500 franchises has responded to property damage emergencies ranging from multi-million dollar disasters such as the Pentagon, to those suffered by individual businesses and homes. Providing coverage nationally, SERVPRO Franchise professionals have established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients nationwide.
The need for experienced, trained and professional cleanup and restoration experts is recession resistant, and the growth potential inside of a proven system presents an opportunity for prospective Franchisees. With a proud history, a successful present and a bright future, SERVPRO will press on toward becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company in the world.
When water pipes located in the basement of the Pentagon burst early one morning, pouring 1.8 million gallons of water over 565,000 square feet - or roughly 17 miles of hallway - SERVPRO Franchise Professionals completed the enormous task of drying the structure in just 7 days.
Following the horrific events of September 11, 2001 we all know and remember, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals were called in to assist with cleaning up and restoration of the Pentagon. In spite of the emotions and difficulties involved in the restoration effort, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals dried close to 3000,000 square feet in addition providing fire, soot, smoke cleanup and restoration services. Upon completion of the drying assignment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals were able to provide mold remediation services in other sections of the facility. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals met the remediation services in other sections of the facility as well. Up for the challenge, the job was completed in full in just 90 days.