Antimicrobial Paint Job
After paint was applied and basement finished
A client called in this month with a severe mold problem in his basement. The mold spread very quickly over the course of two days time. SERVPRO cleared all of the mold and even took care of some that gravitated to the clients upstairs hallway. Aside from the mold itself, the client and his family believed they were starting to get sick from the mold and they thanked us immensely once the mold was removed. Mold can spread as fast as 24 after initial mold is found. With the mold being so infectious, SERVPRO needed to rip up the entire basement, demo-ed, and painted the entire area with anti-microbial paint. This kind of job typically takes an average of three to four days to complete.
Living Room Mold Tear Up and Clean Out
We had a recent call into our office a few weeks ago about a mold issue throughout a home. Our client was out of the country for six weeks and came home to pretty much their entire home in Northeast Philadelphia destroyed by water. Since it ran for so long, there was a lot of mold that formed too. Too much to handle on their own, our client gave us a call after immediately returning. His entire first floor, including the living room, dining room, and kitchen were damaged. The second floor along with the basement was also totally wiped out from the damage. The mold was so severe down in the basement, it was actually considered one of the worst cases we've ever been called into. We were happy our client reached out, and will be an advocate for SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale in the future.
Puff Back aftermath in basement
Here is an example of a puff back SERVPRO was called into assist with at a residential property. Although our clients' basement was not finished, the soot from the puff back ended up affecting her entire home--which consisted of three floors in total. It's important to note that when you notice things such like this that occur in your home that you immediately call for assistance. Applying to this situation, soot can be extremely dangerous to your health when it is inhaled because it is so toxic. Although puff backs may or may not only be a one time event it is also important to note that you should reach out to a heating specialist--just so you can prevent this from happening again.
Residential Fire Call
2nd Floor Fire
Here is a perfect example of a fire SERVPRO was called to tend to in a residential area. Unfortunately, a candle caught on to a lit curtain and the family's entire second floor was ruined. SERVPRO, along with the local fire department was called in immediately to the job as best we could. As you can clearly see, via the "After" picture here, there is still work that needs to be done. Our client was unbelievably thankful for what we had already done. Many items and memories were destroyed in this fire, but our client was very grateful for how easy SERVPRO made everything. As much as they were already dealing with, they still loved how reassuring and comforting our team made the entire process for them.
Living Room Chimney
Here is an example of a fire we tended to recently. Our clients had just renovated their house and the chimney had a backup which caused the fire. SERVPRO was the first this family thought to call and we're very glad they did. As a team, we were able to save majority of the house that was damaged--some of which included the kitchen, wood floors, and wallpaper. Our clients were incredibly relieved for the sole fact they thought they would need to renovate majority of the house all over again.
Much of the time our clients envision their mishap to be more than it actually is. Never be afraid to pick up your phone and call SERVPRO if you are unsure of something. We are always here to help and answer any questions!
Township Sewer Backup
Sewage Backup Into Basement
Here is an example of a severe water damage job SERVPRO was called in to attend to in a nearby community. This family's basement had water leak into their house damaging most of the basement and their belongings in it. Responding quickly to the scene, the job in its' entirety lasted a total of 4 days. The homeowners were more than impressed with how fast we handled the situation. Throughout the entire process SERVPRO was there to answer any questions and concerns about the situation. We at SERVPRO strongly believe that our clients should be as comfortable as possible at all times in their own home. Being a voice of reason, and reliable source we assured this client in particular that we would not disappoint.
Bank of America
Bank of America Sewage Backup Job
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Retail Facilities
- Education Facilities
- Property Management
- Healthcare Facilities
- Hospitality Facilities
- Food Service Facilities
In this particular instance, there was a sewage back up in the basement of a Bank of America building nearby. SERVPRO very quickly responded and went out the same day, extracted the water, sanitized the affected surfaces with antimicrobial, cleaned and/or discarded affected contents, and set up drying equipment to prevent mold. Our team is prompt, allowing us to respond quickly to these types of incidents allowing us to be readily available for the customer at any time.
Don't know how to shut off your utilities right before a disaster strikes? Here's what you need to know:
During cases of emergency, power surges after the storm can damage electronics, and flooded appliances can also create safety hazards.
- Shut off all the individual circuits, then turn off your main circuit. It is also useful to label the individual circuits.
- Shut off your water.
- Cracked lines can also pollute your water supply to your home, so check in with local authorities before restoring your water.
- Shut off your natural gas.
- Locate the shutoff valve connected to the gas line, and turn the switch perpendicular to stop the gas flow.
- If you expect a gas leak, immediately evacuate the house and DO NOT turn off your gas. Contact your local natural gas provider, and have a professional assess the situation. Natural gas leaks are attributed to numerous home fires.
How will YOU prepare?
Emergency Ready Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
- This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
Senior Communities & Assisted Living Services
You may have concerns about health and safety during emergency and non-emergency events and how it could effect the well being of your communities. You can depend on: SERVPRO to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents; always following the restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants. We are also trained and equipped to clean your HVAC and duct systems to provide better air quality and reduce the risk of circulating harmful contaminates. If you have any concerns about the cleanliness and sanitation of your communities, please contact us today! 215-245-4855
WE ARE YOUR FULL SERVICE SOLUTION
- Water Removal
- Structural Dehumidification
- Fire, Smoke & Soot Cleaning
- Sewage Cleaning & Sanitation
- Odor Elimination & Deodorization
- Pandemic Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Content Cleaning & Restoration
- Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning
- Surface Steam Blasting
- Electronic Equipment Drying
- HVAC/Air System Duct Cleaning
- Emergency Building Control
- Claim Oversight & Management