Recent Cleaning Posts
SERVPRO is a Puffback Expert
The term puffback refers to the sudden expulsion of sootinto a dwelling area caused by malfunction in the heating system. The soot consists of petroleum based particles formed by incomplete combustion in the furnace. Permanent damage can occur unless the soot is removed quickly utilizing professional cleaning agents and methods.
What to do when you have a Puffback...
- Shut down heating systems immediately
- Contact the oil company that services the furnace
- Avoid contact with contaminated surfaces
- Contact remediation specialists to restore the home or office to its preloss condition
Why use SERVPRO?
- We are experienced in all areas of puffback restoration
- Immediate response to the problem
- We work with all Insurance Companies
- Proper inspection and testing procedures
- Air duct cleaning and soot sealing
- Complete structure and content cleaning
- We take care of clothing, carpet, upholstery, and drapery cleaning.
What not to do when a Puffback happens...
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces. This will make the damage worse.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans
- Do not send soft goods to an ordinary dry cleaner
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical components
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Christine's Restaurant (Yardley, PA)
Every business eventually gets dirty floors and needs them to be cleaned, especially in a commercial setting happening more frequently. Are you a very busy business owner who notices the build up and gets aggravated when it's time to clean up? Are you tired with how many times this issue arises month, or maybe even in a week? Say no more, that is what SERVPRO is here for! As a business owner, there are so many other topics you need to worry about. Let us take the load and stress off of your back, so you can focus on the essentials and core part of your business. Please do not hesitate to call us at 215-245-4855, we are only a phone call away.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
In the photo, you can see one of our technicians performing a carpet cleaning for a rental property that is in-between tenants.
Get it clean and get it sold! Whether it is general cleaning, duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, or mold remediation, SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem can help get your property cleaned.
Regarding mold specifically, it is important to know that molds are found in every environment. Mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found that excessive dampness indoors encourages the growth of molds and other organisms, and could pose a health problem. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from mold are an important reason to prevent moisture problems leading to mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retain its value.
It is a fact: clean, fresh-smelling homes sell faster. SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem's professional team can help revive your property to show in top condition. Call us today!
Residential Duct Cleanings
What you may not be seeing inside your ductwork!
Often times a ventilation system can be the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. We have found that our customers, whether residential or commercial, have a high regard for the health and safety of their families and employees. They know that breathing dirty air can lead to many types of illnesses, or aggravates respiratory issues such as asthma or emphysema.
Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your home.
If you're concerned with the purity of your air, give SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem a call today. Through the use of HEPA vacuums, roto-scrapers, air whipping, duct sealant, and filter replacement, SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem is equipped to properly & professionally perform a clean sweep of your air ducts, removing years of dust and grime.