Recent Fire Damage Posts
Puff Back aftermath in basement
Here is an example of a puff back SERVPRO was called into assist with at a residential property. Although our clients' basement was not finished, the soot from the puff back ended up affecting her entire home--which consisted of three floors in total. It's important to note that when you notice things such like this that occur in your home that you immediately call for assistance. Applying to this situation, soot can be extremely dangerous to your health when it is inhaled because it is so toxic. Although puff backs may or may not only be a one time event it is also important to note that you should reach out to a heating specialist--just so you can prevent this from happening again.
Residential Fire Call
2nd Floor Fire
Here is a perfect example of a fire SERVPRO was called to tend to in a residential area. Unfortunately, a candle caught on to a lit curtain and the family's entire second floor was ruined. SERVPRO, along with the local fire department was called in immediately to the job as best we could. As you can clearly see, via the "After" picture here, there is still work that needs to be done. Our client was unbelievably thankful for what we had already done. Many items and memories were destroyed in this fire, but our client was very grateful for how easy SERVPRO made everything. As much as they were already dealing with, they still loved how reassuring and comforting our team made the entire process for them.
Living Room Chimney
Here is an example of a fire we tended to recently. Our clients had just renovated their house and the chimney had a backup which caused the fire. SERVPRO was the first this family thought to call and we're very glad they did. As a team, we were able to save majority of the house that was damaged--some of which included the kitchen, wood floors, and wallpaper. Our clients were incredibly relieved for the sole fact they thought they would need to renovate majority of the house all over again.
Much of the time our clients envision their mishap to be more than it actually is. Never be afraid to pick up your phone and call SERVPRO if you are unsure of something. We are always here to help and answer any questions!
Fire, Smoke, and Soot Damage
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
It's hard to tell from the photo, but there once stood a deep fryer in this home. Unfortunately it caused extensive fire damage.
This time of year, everyone is gearing up for the holidays. While we will all surely be eating turkey on Thanksgiving day, we may be preparing it differently.
In the last few years, deep frying turkeys has become a wildly popular method to cook the food. However, according to a "Home Fire Involving Cooking Equipment" report, home fires caused by cooking are nearly 4 times as likely on Thanksgiving as any other day of the year. Deep frying turkeys, while delicious, is also very dangerous. So before you get into some deep frying fun, here are 3 quick safety tips for you to protect your home:
1) Stay Away from The House – Set up the turkey fryer more than 10 feet away from your home and keep children and pets away. Never leave it unattended.
2) Use a Thawed and Dry Turkey – Make sure your Thanksgiving turkey is completely thawed and dry. Extra water will cause the oil to bubble furiously and spill over. If oil spills from the fryer onto the burner, it can cause a fire.
3) Be Prepared – Have a fire extinguisher (multipurpose, dry-powder) ready at all times in the event that the oil ignites.
From all of us here at SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem, we want to wish you and your family a Happy (and safe) Thanksgiving!
Cleaning Up After a Fire
At a home in Glenside, PA, one of our technicians is wiping away soot above a window using a chemical sponge and extension pole.
For homeowners, putting out a fire can be worse than the fire itself. A backdraft of emotions often sweeps over the homeowner after a fire ravages a home. Fear, uncertainty, stress and doubt about the future of the property can overwhelm the homeowner long after the flames have been extinguished.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem's professional staff and technicians provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents inventory and restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings, and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem professionals are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly. Call us at 215-600-1497 today!