Recent Biohazard Posts

Pet Turtle Causes Smoke Damage in Levittown, PA

8/9/2022 (Permalink)

Pet turtle on grass Pet tortoise causes smoke damage in Levittown, PA

One minute your pet tortoise is chilling and playing in their enclosure and the next minute, your entire house is damaged with smoke. Come to find out, your pet carelessly knocked over her heat lamp and caused a combustion of your bedding material. 

Our expert remediation specialists at SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem jumped into action by doing a full clean wipe down of the entire property. 

As the odor was still present after cleaning, it was determined that the building materials outside of the framing needed to be removed and replaced completely in order to properly remove the odor. According to our professional contractors, they found the odor to be a rare type of chemical soot makeup caused by the additives in the bedding. So, further action was needed by our reconstruction team.

After the remediation phase was completed, our construction team removed all the windows, roofing and siding and the interior materials that needed to be replaced. 

Moral of the story, don’t leave your enclosed pets unattended; you never know what they could be up to! Thankfully, the family called SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem and our crew was able to reconstruct their house 'like it never even happened.'