Antimicrobial Paint Job
After paint was applied and basement finished
A client called in this month with a severe mold problem in his basement. The mold spread very quickly over the course of two days time. SERVPRO cleared all of the mold and even took care of some that gravitated to the clients upstairs hallway. Aside from the mold itself, the client and his family believed they were starting to get sick from the mold and they thanked us immensely once the mold was removed. Mold can spread as fast as 24 after initial mold is found. With the mold being so infectious, SERVPRO needed to rip up the entire basement, demo-ed, and painted the entire area with anti-microbial paint. This kind of job typically takes an average of three to four days to complete.
Living Room Mold Tear Up and Clean Out
We had a recent call into our office a few weeks ago about a mold issue throughout a home. Our client was out of the country for six weeks and came home to pretty much their entire home in Northeast Philadelphia destroyed by water. Since it ran for so long, there was a lot of mold that formed too. Too much to handle on their own, our client gave us a call after immediately returning. His entire first floor, including the living room, dining room, and kitchen were damaged. The second floor along with the basement was also totally wiped out from the damage. The mold was so severe down in the basement, it was actually considered one of the worst cases we've ever been called into. We were happy our client reached out, and will be an advocate for SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale in the future.
Mold - Don't let it grow!
After a significant, prolonged water intrusion, water wicked up the drywall and mold began to colonize and spread. We were there to help remediate.
There are many misconceptions out there about mold, so we here at SERVPRO would like to help with some facts.
Fungi and mold occur naturally in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Some molds can actually produce useful things. The unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. The lifesaving drug, penicillin, is a product of mold!
That said, some forms of mold can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
Intrusion of water into your home of place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can be caused by storm damage, plumbing, equipment failures, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. To avoid this and the possibility of adverse health affects, call SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem today!